£20,000 - £23,000
A large UK online retailer of LED lamps, lighting, electrical and DIY products.
Examples of our electrical DIY products include dehumidifiers, LED lamps and lighting, heating and ventilation equipment.
We are looking for a purchasing assistant/administrator for a 6 month fixed term contract.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Liaising with Suppliers for information, pricing, lead times and stock levels
- Creating and placing purchase orders
- Ensuring purchase orders match the supplier's invoice
- Following up and updating purchase orders to ensure that delivery dates are accurate in the system
- Maintaining and updating the ERP system
- Resolving disputes and account queries with suppliers
- Support the Accounts team when needed
- Providing the Customer Services team with delivery information
- Supporting the Goods in team with deliveries
- Providing cover for the purchasing manager and the rest of the team as and when required
- Other duties may be required
- GCSE grade C and above in Maths & English
- Computer Literate - Microsoft Excel/Word/Outlook
- Good level of numerical ability and accuracy
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Polite telephone manner
- Ability to build relationships and liaise effectively with suppliers/customers
- Organisational skills and prioritisation of work
- Ability to work as a team