Job Title: Transport Planner
Shift: 4 on 4 off
Salary: £24,000 - £26,000
You will be joining a growing team as a Transport Planner, you will hold a critical role within the business as you will be responsible for physically planning routes to ensure that plans are delivered in the most time and cost-efficient manner.
The right person for this role will be an experienced Transport Planner with demonstrable experience in a similar role. You will have excellent knowledge of transport compliance and understand the critical issues which could be experienced from a planner and driver perspective. Strong IT skills are also required.
As a Transport Planner you will be responsible for:
- Planning the routes for same and next day deliveries
- Briefing and debriefing drivers
- Monitoring driver performance, reviewing to find most efficient route
- Ensure customer KPI's are met and maintained
- Deal with customer queries and communication
- Co-ordinating documentation
- Monitor WTD
- International and Manual route planning experience is desirable
- Previous experience within a fast-paced transport planning position
- Ambitious and wants to learn and develop
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong geographical knowledge of the UK and Europe
Logistics & Supply Chain Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated professionals out to work across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include Food Production, Food Processing, Warehouse, distribution and Planning. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.