Welder / Plater / Fabricator
Full-time, Monday - Friday, 39 hours + overtime (Single shift)
Our Client are looking to appoint a Welder / Plater / Fabricator to join
there team within a family owned, manufacturing organisation.
Our Client design and manufacture using state of the art 3D CAD and CNC machine tools to produce bespoke work holding solutions including robotic welding fixtures, end of arm grippers, positioners and much more besides for automotive, aerospace, off-highway vehicles, white goods & food processing.
Reporting directly to the Toolroom Manager, your duties will include:
- Read and interpret engineering drawings or product specifications including the understanding of welding signs and symbols to determine build sequence, methods of fabricating & assemblies.
- Layout and mark dimensions and reference information on material.
- Develop and trace patterns of parts, develop/manufacture and use templates.
- Complete weld set-ups and welding using various welding techniques such as Stick, Mig and Oxyacetylene.
- Ensure tolerances and parameters are met to satisfy quality and output.
- Prepare / process materials prior to assembly.
- Trim, file, grind, deburr, buff and smooth surfaces.
- Tack welding fabricated parts together.
- Plating & Fabricating ferrous / no ferrous steels.
- Check products for compliance with specifications and quality requirements. Repair / rework as required.
- To check welding plant / equipment prior to and after use highlighting any faults/ defects to the Toolroom Manager
- Ensure production timings are met.
- Reinstate the work area following engineering activities
- Undertake site work as and when required.
- Follow company rules and adhere to procedures & Health and Safety standards.
- Work as part of a team to produce orders on time.
- Time served welding on heavy fabrications.
- Experienced in MIG and TIG welding with the ability to read engineering drawings
- Experience in overhead crane operation is an essential requirement given the size of fabrications that we work on.
- Worked on heavy material gauges, upto 50mm plate thickness with single and multi-run welds.
- Other related fitting experience would be advantageous.
- Coded welder for fillet and butt weld standards.
- Be skilled at various plating & fabrication techniques
- Demonstrate the safe use of associated equipment including abrasive wheels, grinders etc.
- Good communicator at all levels
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Keen attention to detail
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
- Ability to work in a safe manner with minimal supervision
- Time served apprentice
- City & Guilds Parts 1, 2 & 3 or BTEC ONC equivalent qualification
- NVQ Level 3 in fabrication & Welding / Plating & Welding
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.