Workshop Customisation Engineer
Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd are the sole UK distributor of Komatsu Construction Machines and are one of the UK’s largest distributors of heavy equipment. We are proud of our continuous growth and are looking for passionate and knowledgeable people to join in our success.
We aim to be our customers first choice, because of the world class innovative products we supply nationwide, which is backed up with excellent aftercare and customer support.
We market and supply innovative products to the UK Construction Industry with a strong focus on improving job site productivity whilst delivering fuel efficient solutions. The key innovations that support this is are the range of excavators and dozers with factory fitted integrated machine control solutions. We also distribute a range of Hybrid excavators.
We are looking for passionate and highly motivated people to join and be part of the highly successful team.
Machine Customisation Engineer
We are looking for a Machine Customisation Engineer to join our dedicated workshop team.
Reporting to the Workshop Operations Manager, the purpose of this role is to ensure all customisation work is carried out on all machines as per the instructions on the customisation request form.
This role involves preparing new machines for Customer delivery, ensuring that all the work is completed accurately and to the agreed deadline.
What is the purpose of the role?
- Assemble machines delivered in kit form
- Complete pre-delivery inspection
- Carry out customisation of new machines to Manufacturer’s specifications
- Spray paint machines and/or parts to Manufacturer’s specifications
- Troubleshoot and fault find any defects on machines resolving issues or escalating where required
- Carry out repairs as and when found, replacing parts where necessary
What skills and behaviours are we looking for?
- Knowledge of manual handling
- Knowledge of Auto-electrics
- Experience with Welding and oxy-acetylene equipment
- Working knowledge of lathes, angle grinders and pillar drills
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to work well with others
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Up to 27 days holiday linked to service, plus Christmas shut down