CNC Miller Programmer/Setter/Operator
My client, an industry leading precision engineering company are actively seeking a candidate to join their busy machine shop.
• Extensive knowledge of Heindenhain Programming on 3, 4 and 5 Axis machines including setting and operating in a precision environment.
• Has extensive knowledge of Modern CAD/CAM software ideally Edgecam and "Best Practice" Manufacturing methodologies
• Creating and proving out new production CNC programs
• Use of SMED techniques to reduce time waste during setups.
• To run proven programs, adjust work co-ordinates and correct any errors.
• To help ensure that the cell output is made to the agreed schedules.
• Achievement of KPI targets for, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Versatility
• Ensures all improvements are geared towards the business strategy of lead-time reduction using QRM principles.
• Ensures processes tools and techniques that are used are constantly developed to ensure the best technology is always used and challenged
• Work closely with our Design Engineers in order to optimize designs for machining (DFM)
• Minimum 3 years' operating 3, 4 and 5 Axis Machining Centre's
• The ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
• Participates and supports continuous improvement teams and other working groups.
• To be able to pre-set tooling and fixtures from tool layout. Take tool length offsets and recognize when tooling requires replacing due to wear or breakage.
WorkForce manufacturing are responsible for placing several hundred dedicated operatives out to work every day across the West Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Order picking, Warehouse, Stores, Despatch, Packing, Assembly, Machine operating and FLT Driving. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.