Goods In/Out Controller
Goods In Controller
Salary: Up to £21,000.00 - £23,000.00 per year
We have an exciting opportunity for a goods in controller to join our clients team at their Redditch site.
Our client is a highly reputable manufacturing business, manufacturing Europe's largest range of Magnetic Separation and Metal Detection equipment. They are currently in a period of rapid growth with ongoing growth planned.
Assist in daily warehouse and shipping areas including:
- Load and unload delivery and despatch vehicles in line with H&S procedures
- Physical movement of all incoming materials and routing to appropriate sections
- To check goods in against delivery notes for accuracy and damage
- Book goods inward on Epicore- Issue material to work orders and print job cards
- Notify the relevant Department(s) via the Delivery Note of any short deliveries or potential short despatches
- To raise a rejection on Epicore for any damaged goods received and place in the Quarantine section
- Maintain yard and Factory / Sectional tidiness
- Overseeing cycle counts and reconciliation activities such as Stock Takes etc.
- Ensure all inventory transactions are accurately logged within Epicore.
- Arrange all subcontract operations - inform purchasing and arrange transport
- Pack goods ready for despatch ensuring accuracy of shipments - assemble pallet boxes and despatch packaging etc
- Monitor stock levels on pallets, boxes, lids
- Book goods outward - Create despatch notes, Inform customers
- Maintain, update and scan in Work Orders
- Arrange transport to customers if required
- Continuously improve warehouse operations through the use of lean enterprise practices.
- Recommending measures to improve quality of service, increasing efficiency of department and work crew and equipment performance.
- Manage the goods in tracker and contact relevant suppliers if orders are going to be late
- Supporting Departments when needed I.e. Purchasing, Production
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Counterbalance truck licence essential
- Attention to detail
- Able to read engineering drawings
- Ability to work to procedures
- Good communicator
- PC literate with good administration skills
- Experience in manual handling and Goods In/Out
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Flexible and trustworthy
- Driving Licence advantageous but not essential
- Knowledge of general business computer software and aptitude to learn new software applications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Logistics & Supply Chain Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated professionals out to work across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Food Production, Food Processing, Warehouse, distribution and Planning. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.