Location: Pershore, Worcestershire Salary: £Competitive - dependant on experience
Contract: Permanent – Monday to Friday Full time
We are looking for an experienced Payroll Manager who is looking for a new challenge. You must be well versed in all aspects of payroll including manual calculations and have excellent interpersonal skills. Experience working with Sage 50 payroll and Microsoft Excel is essential.
As the Payroll Manager you will maintain and review the monthly end-to-end payroll processing and will ensure the timely and accurate input of all payroll information. You will ensure that compliance is second to none and will strive to achieve zero error run rate on monthly payroll submissions. You will have line management responsibilities for a Payroll Administrator and report in to the FD. You will take the lead on any payroll projects and will review opportunities to make efficiencies across the various pay structures/payrolls.
We are a small friendly team and are looking for someone with a positive attitude and a sense of humour to help streamline our payroll processes.
Main areas of responsibility include:
- Manage and process end to end payroll (2 x Weekly, 2 x Calendar Monthly, 2 x Tax Monthly (4 or 5 weeks)
- Ensuring all payrolls are processed in a timely manner
- Ensuring Payroll data is recorded & software is maintained to legislative requirements
- Be the first point of contact for all payroll queries, HMRC enquiries, general tax queries and pension queries.
- Prepare & process Tax Year End, P60s and P45s where appropriate.
- Supply all Month and Year End data required to the Accountants
- Calculate additional payments such as commissions and bonuses
- Administering all statutory deductions - SMP, SPP, SSP, NI, PAYE
- Managing Auto enrolment Pensions (NEST)
- Reconciling HMRC & Pensions liabilities & making payments
- Pay structure & salary analysis, monitoring salary rates per hrs
- Managing BIK & process P11ds
- Utilising Sage to its full potential
The ideal candidate for the Payroll Manager role will:
- Be used to fast paced environment with multiple payrolls
- Have experience of running both weekly and monthly payrolls
- Have ran a medium sized payroll previously for between 250-500
- Have high access level experience of Sage 50 payroll & an experienced Excel user
It is important to us that you enjoy working with us, and become part of the our work family so cultural fit is as important as your payroll skills!
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary, 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, career development and a great team to work with!