Field Service Engineer - St Albans
Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd are one of the UK’s largest distributors of heavy equipment. We are proud of our continuous growth and are looking for passionate and knowledgeable people to join in our success.
We aim to be our customers first choice, not just because of the amazing innovative products we supply nationwide, but because of our excellent aftercare and supportive customer services.
We supply some of the worlds most exciting and ground-breaking products including Intelligent Machine Control (iMC) and Hybrid Excavators reducing our customers fuel usage. We hope to continue to flourish alongside our team of fantastic employees and new team members to grow the MKL family.
You will be home based reporting to the Slough Office as part of our on-site presence, ensuring that all of our products are maintained in line with the service schedule, and ensuring that any breakdowns are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
Therefore, you will be proficient in fault finding and diagnostics, you will be at the top of your game and will understand the importance of ensuring all products are working to the top of their ability.
As well as being an adept engineer with relevant qualifications, you will be good at maintaining a clean and organised work environment, and great at the associated paperwork. You will be a good communicator, both with the Client, and the team on-site and back in the office.
- Attend machine breakdowns at customer sites and effect repairs to ensure minimum machine down time.
- Carry out scheduled servicing of machines at customer sites.
- Troubleshoot and fault find any defects on machines and carry out repairs as necessary.
- To ensure that work is carried out to the highest standard and on time.
- Ensure that service reports, time sheets etc are completed correctly and submitted on time.
- To carry out any other general duties within the capability of the post holder, that may be requested from time to time by management.
- Apprenticeship in Construction Plant Maintenance and Repair or relevant experience in heavy construction equipment.
- Knowledge of auto-electrics; engines; transmissions; hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Ability to diagnose faults on heavy construction equipment and carry out repairs.
- Able to work under pressure and on own initiative without supervision.
- Self-motivated and able to work to very high standards.
- Promote the objectives and activities of the company at all times.
- Follow company policies and procedures at all times.
- To participate and engage in any job-related training and individual development.
- Be civil, courteous and co-operative to colleagues, management, suppliers and customers.
- To take all reasonable steps to protect the company’s premises and property and to avoid misuse of equipment and other materials provided.
- To adhere to the Health and Safety regulations and practice safe working methods to prevent personal injury or injury to colleagues or others.
A qualification/apprenticeship in Heavy plant and Machinery or equivalent is a must, as you are not permitted on site without one.
What we can offer you
Competitive Salary and Company van + 22 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas shut down.