Purchasing & Fleet Assistant
Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd are the sole UK distributor of Komatsu Construction Machines and are one of the UK’s largest distributors of heavy equipment. We are proud of our continuous growth and are looking for passionate and knowledgeable people to join in our success.
We aim to be our customers first choice, because of the world class innovative products we supply nationwide, which is backed up with excellent aftercare and customer support.
We market and supply innovative products to the UK Construction Industry with a strong focus on improving job site productivity whilst delivering fuel efficient solutions. The key innovations that support this is are the range of excavators and dozers with factory fitted integrated machine control solutions. We also distribute a range of Hybrid excavators.
We are looking for passionate and highly motivated people to join and be part of the highly successful team.
We are looking for a Purchasing Assistant to support the Purchasing Manager with management of the Companies fleet vehicles and development and improvement projects.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, this role is ideal for someone with a strong administrative or customer service background.
What is the purpose of the role?
- Ensure fleet master data lists are always up to date and are regularly updated with current mileage and service details
- Order new and short term hire commercial and company vehicles, ensuring correct authorisation is in place and where required coordinate the fitout, delivery and returns of the Commercial fleet vehicles
- Arrange the return of surplus contract hire vehicles
- Ensure MOT’s and Servicing are carried out on a timely basis and that all vehicles are always taxed and have appropriate breakdown cover
- Ensure P11d data is passed to the HR team in a timely manner
- Notify Drivers of any traffic offences, confirm driver details and submit to the Authority concerned, pass administration cost details to HR
- Twice a year carry out checks on Drivers Licenses and, maintain an up to date record of all offences in each case
- Liaise with Branch Managers to ensure all fuel cards are issued/cancelled in a timely manner, the database is up to date and issuing, acceptance and cancellation of fuel cards is in line with Company procedure.
- Report or ensure that Drivers report all accidents to our insurers and follow up all outstanding claims until payment has been received, updating the database immediately for any additions or deletions to the Company Fleet
- Complete the quarterly vehicle movement schedule for each of the Cars and Vans for prompt submission to the System
- Maintain adequate stocks of stationery-replenishment
- Assist with building administrative duties
- Liaise regularly with the cleaning and security providers to ensure that an acceptable level is always maintained.
- Support supplier review meetings
- Support Purchasing Manager in category development topics/projects
- Maintain Purchasing trackers to support Purchasing KPI objectives/reporting
What skills and behaviours are we looking for?
- Knowledge of all Microsoft packages [in particular Excel]
- Ability to follow procedures and established methods of working
- Ability to prioritise and work to daily and weekly deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer focused
- Team player
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Up to 27 days holiday linked to service, plus Christmas shut down
- On the job training