Senior Accounts Payable
XP Power is a Global leader in providing essential power solutions to the Healthcare, Technology and Industrial markets. We are a fast-growing business listed as a FTSE 250 company on the London Stock Exchange. We are extremely committed and proud of our culture that values Customer Focus, Flexibility, Knowledge, Speed, and Integrity. We are looking for a self-motivated professional who thrives in dynamic environments. Joining our team means you will work in a high performing Global Company where employees collaborate and strive for excellence, to really make a difference.
Job Title: European Accounts Payable
Reports to: Assistant Accountant
Location: Pangbourne, UK (although initially home based due to COVID19)
Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Working with a range of internal colleagues based in the UK and across Europe, this role is to manage the accounts payable process from invoice approval through to payment. Language skills in German and French required.
We are looking for a bright and energetic individual with relevant experience, ideally having previously used SAP, who is comfortable working in fast paced dynamic environment.
- Process invoices for open POs, ensuring timeliness and verify accuracy of general ledger coding
- Actively follow up with the business to create PO's as needed
- Actively follow up with the business to receive PO's in S4Hana and reconcile any variances between the PO and vendor invoices to the satisfaction of the business
- Maintain vendor records, updating contact information and bank details as required as well as setting up new vendors
- Ensure correct VAT treatment of invoices
- Assist with month-end closing process by providing accrual info to the Finance leads
- Process weekly pay-runs for vendors, staff expenses and foreign currency and ad hoc payments as necessary
- Reviewing the Aged Creditors and investigating any debit balances. Follow-up invoices for any Direct Debit payments
- Working with the regional AP team lead to drive process improvements and introduce new initiatives
- Assisting with AP projects such as implementation of system and process changes and other ad hoc projects
- Working with the team helping to ensure excellent customer service is provided to internal functions
- Perform statement reconciliations - research and proactively investigate/reconcile discrepancies between AP balance and vendor statements
- Other duties may be assigned
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounts payable principles
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of how to follow key control procedures
- IT literate
- Effective time management and strong organisation skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and when dealing with conflicting priorities
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Worked in a shared service centre environment dealing with multiple European entities
- Desirable skills: Experience of using S4HANA
- Language skills in German and French required
In addition to a competitive salary, XP Power also offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes BUPA, Pension contributions up to 8%, 25 days annual leave (increasing by 1 day every 5 years to a maximum of 30 days), cycle to work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme and Life Assurance of 4 x annual salary.
XP Power is an equal opportunities employer.