£25,000 to £28,000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus
Working hours: Week 1 - 06.30 to 16.00 Week 2 - 10.00 - 19.00 / finish times may vary
Reporting to the Operations Director
Our client operates in storage and distribution for pallet networks and private limited companies. They operate a fleet of 15 vehicles delivering throughout Worcestershire, Gloucestershire and Herefordshire.
Key responsibilities will include the day to day management of the warehouse team ensuring we are flexible to deal with the customer requirements and priorities, they always operate to the highest safety and housekeeping standards and work with the team to drive productivity and continuous improvement.
This exciting role is not for the faint hearted, ideally it is for someone who loves a challenge and wants to be an integral part of a fresh innovated team, which is growing month upon month.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Warehouse Management – Manage and plan the daily operations of the warehouse. Leading and motivating staff. Forward planning to utilise operation hours, completion of paperwork and scheduling work is essential.
- Directors Communication - Daily meetings with Operations Director re work schedules.
- Health and Safety – taking ownership and responsibility for the warehouse health & safety including training of staff
- Experience - Previous leadership experience in a similar role.
- Counterbalance FLT Licence
- Bendi FLT Licence
- QC checks
- Microsoft office competent (excel, outlook, word)
- Booking goods in and out of stock on bespoke stock system
- Completion and recording of stock takes
- Accurate and punctual
- Ability to speak with customers regarding their stock
- Good Communication skills
- Loading and unloading of deliveries
- Familiarity with pallet network and fast moving goods
- Picking and packing orders for onward deliveries
- Physically fit as a degree of manual handling on a daily basis
- Ensuring the site is secure at close of business
- A ‘right first time’ culture and the desire to seek out and drive improvements
- Ability to juggle priorities and have a flexible team based approach to work
- SHE – Demonstrates understanding for importance of safety and health policies, procedures and regulations. Creates and safeguards a healthy, safe and sustainable work environment for all employees.
Experience / skills regarded as ideal but not essential
- Secondary School education
- Relevant work experience in storage and distribution
- Heavy vehicle Licence is desirable
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, and health cash plan
References will be required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
Logistics & Supply Chain Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated professionals out to work across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Food Production, Food Processing, Warehouse, distribution and Planning. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.