Floating Legal Secretary
Job Title: Floating Legal Secretary across all departments
Location: Worcester or Bromsgrove or Telford or Kidderminster
Hours: Full time
Our client requires a legal secretary to work across a variety of departments. You will be based from a single office location without the need to travel between.
Day to Day duties will include the following
- To undertake such work as may be delegated by your designated Fee Earner or Partner in relation to client matters or any required administrative duties.
- To assist your designated Fee Earner or Partner in prioritising the client matter and, when appropriate, advise the client and others in the progress of the matter.
- To assist with file management and the consistent review of files, where applicable.
- To ensure accurate time recording of all work undertaken by your assigned Fee Earner or Partner.
- To attend to clients and others, where appropriate, on behalf of the Fee Earner or Partner, taking accurate instructions for your Fee Earner’s attention.
- To undertake all work of a secretarial nature as may be requested by any Fee Earner including typing and word processing, photocopying, making and taking phone calls.
- To take and record accurately any message and pass the same on to the appropriate person without delay.
- To make appointments and maintain up to date diary entries.
- To deal with filing, storage and retrieval of client’s papers and files, opening and closing of files, storage of deeds and other papers all in accordance with the firms policies.
- To correctly identify and differentiate between DX and Royal Mail post and hand or other deliveries.
- To undertake any additional duties which may be allocated from time to time.
As a person you will need the following qualities and experience:
- Experience of working as a Legal Secretary.
- A proficient level of literacy and numeracy.
- Experience of working within a team environment.
- Experience of data entry and/or text processing.
- Competent audio and touch typist.
- IT literate with experience of the Microsoft Office suite of applications including Word, Excel and Outlook. SOS case management desirable.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to interact effectively with others, both face to face and over the telephone, including an excellent telephone manner.
- Committed to excellent client service.
- Focused on achieving goals, adopting a proactive can do attitude.
- Uses initiative, works creatively and solves problems.
- Highly motivated and willing to learn.
- An understanding of and adherence to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and maintaining confidentiality and integrity at all times.
Workforce Office Appointments team fill hundreds of temporary, temp to perm and permanent vacancies throughout Worcestershire and South Birmingham every Year.
Operating from multiple registration centres across Redditch, Worcester and Kidderminster, our team offer a unique service tailored to match your exact needs and can assist you with the following job categories: Clerical / Administration, Call Centre, Customer Services, Sales & New business development, secretarial & PA, Accountancy & Finance, Professional and management!!