Part Time Legal Secretary - ARA Dept - 4 days per week
Job Title: Part Time Legal Secretary – ARA Dept
Salary: £18700 pro rata
Hours: 4 days per week
Our client requires a legal secretary to work within their agricultural and rural affairs department.
Day to Day duties will include the following
- To undertake all work of a secretarial/administrative nature as may be requested by your Partner/Fee Earner including typing, word processing, photocopying/scanning documents, making and taking phone calls.
- To handle new client enquiries, undertake internal client conflict checks and make appointments, maintaining up to date diary entries.
- To assist with file management, including file openings/closures and the consistent review of files.
- To complete Land Registry applications, SDLT returns and Companies House registrations under the Partner or Fee Earner’s direction.
- To complete conveyancing search applications as required.
- To promptly action dictations and support with document production.
- To handle post-completion matters.
- To ensure accurate time recording of all work undertaken by your Partner or Fee Earner.
- To undertake such work as may be delegated by your Partner or Fee Earner in relation to client matters.
- To assist your Partner or Fee Earner in prioritising the client matter and when appropriate advise the client and others of progress of the matter.
- To attend to clients and others where needed on behalf of the Partner or Fee Earner, taking accurate instructions for their attention.
- To take and record accurately any message and pass the same on to the appropriate person without delay.
- To deal with filing, storage and retrieval of client matters and papers in accordance with firm policies.
- To undertake any other duties as may be allocated by the Partner or Fee Earner from time to time.
As a person you will need the following qualities and experience:
- A proficient level of literacy and numeracy.
- Competent touch and audio typist.
- Experience of working within a team environment.
- Experience of data entry and/or text processing.
- IT literate with experience of the Microsoft Office suite of applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to interact effectively with others, both face to face and over the telephone, including an excellent telephone manner and comfortable dealing with clients.
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative.
- Organised and methodical with the ability to multi-task, prioritise and work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Committed to excellent client service.
- Focused on achieving goals, adopting a can do attitude.
- Highly motivated and willing to learn.
- Ability to use shorthand desirable.
- An understanding of and adherence to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and maintaining confidentiality and integrity at all times.
Workforce Office Appointments team fill hundreds of temporary, temp to perm and permanent vacancies throughout Worcestershire and South Birmingham every Year.
Operating from multiple registration centres across Redditch, Worcester and Kidderminster, our team offer a unique service tailored to match your exact needs and can assist you with the following job categories: Clerical / Administration, Call Centre, Customer Services, Sales & New business development, secretarial & PA, Accountancy & Finance, Professional and management!!