Legal Secretary - Residential Property
Job Title: Legal Secretary – Residential Conveyancing
Salary: £18700 full time
Hours: Full time and part time hours available
Our client requires a legal secretary to work within their residential conveyancing department.
Day to Day duties will include the following
- To undertake all work of a secretarial nature as may be requested by any fee earner including typing, photocopying, making and taking phone calls
- To undertake such work as may be delegated by your Fee Earner or Partner in relation to client matters or any administrative duties that may be required.
- To take and record accurately any message and pass the same on to the appropriate person without delay
- To make appointments and maintain up to date diary entries.
- To assist with file management and ensure consistent reviews of files.
- To ensure accurate time recording of all work undertaken by your fee earner.
- To assist your Fee Earner or Partner in prioritising the client matter and when appropriate advise the client and others of the progress of the matter.
- Attending clients and others when appropriate on behalf of the Fee Earner or Partner. Taking accurate instructions for your fee earner's attention.
- To deal with filing, storage and retrieval of client's papers and files, opening and closing of files, storage of deeds and other papers all in accordance with firm policies.
- To prepare and serve refreshments to clients and fee earners as required.
- To correctly identify and differentiate between DX and Royal Mail post and hand or other deliveries
As a person you will need the following qualities and experience:
- Experience of working as a Legal Secretary, preferably within a Residential Conveyancing department is desirable.
- Competent touch typist.
- Competent audio typist.
- IT literate with experience of the Microsoft Office suite of applications e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent telephone manner and experience of dealing with clients.
- Well developed organisational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Workforce Office Appointments team fill hundreds of temporary, temp to perm and permanent vacancies throughout Worcestershire and South Birmingham every Year.
Operating from multiple registration centres across Redditch, Worcester and Kidderminster, our team offer a unique service tailored to match your exact needs and can assist you with the following job categories: Clerical / Administration, Call Centre, Customer Services, Sales & New business development, secretarial & PA, Accountancy & Finance, Professional and management!!