Post Completions Clerk
Job Title: Post Completions Clerk
Hours: Full time
Our client requires post completions support to the Residential Property team, ensuring that all tasks and file closures are undertaken in a timely and effective manner.
Day to Day duties will include the following:
- To be responsible for the administration of all post completion procedures to include the making of Land Registry applications, Stamp Duty Land Tax Returns submission and service of notices relating to assignments and mortgages of leasehold property.
- To ensure compliance with mortgage lender post completion requirements and file closures.
- To undertake such work as may be delegated by your Fee Earners or Partner in relation to client matters or any other administrative duties that may be required.
- To undertake all work of a secretarial nature as may be requested by any fee earner in residential conveyancing, including typing and word processing, photocopying, making and taking phone calls.
- To take and record accurately any message and pass the same on to the appropriate person without delay.
- To deal with filing, storage and retrieval of client’s papers and files, opening and closing of files, storage of deeds and other papers in accordance with firm policies.
- To correctly identify and differentiate between DX and Royal Mail post and hand or other deliveries.
- To undertake any duties which may from time to time be allocated.
As a person you will need the following qualities and experience:
- A proficient level of literacy and numeracy.
- Experience of working within a team environment.
- Experience of working as a Legal Secretary in a Residential Property Department.
- IT literate with experience of the Microsoft Office suite of applications e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of SOS (desirable).
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to interact effectively with others, both face to face and over the telephone, including an excellent telephone manner.
- Committed to excellent client service.
- Focused on achieving goals, adopting a proactive can do attitude.
- Uses initiative, works creatively and solves problems.
- Highly motivated and willing to learn.
- An understanding of and adherence to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and maintaining confidentiality and integrity at all times.
Workforce Office Appointments team fill hundreds of temporary, temp to perm and permanent vacancies throughout Worcestershire and South Birmingham every Year.
Operating from multiple registration centres across Redditch, Worcester and Kidderminster, our team offer a unique service tailored to match your exact needs and can assist you with the following job categories: Clerical / Administration, Call Centre, Customer Services, Sales & New business development, secretarial & PA, Accountancy & Finance, Professional and management!!