VAT Account Handler
A successful and well established financial company, based in Birmingham are looking to expand their team of consultants.
In order to be a successful applicant for this role, you will ideally be ATT/CTA qualified and be an excellent communicator. You will be a driven self-starter and proactive in your approach.
Working closely with clients from various background and professions, the role may involve:
- Providing advice to customers and developing relationships with internal referrers and existing customers
- Preparing VAT registration applications, complex VAT returns and researching under the guidance of the Indirect Tax Partner
- Monitoring deadlines and customer obligations
- Completing and processing personal self assessment tax returns
- Completing and processing partnership self assessment tax returns
- Completing and processing of forms P11d
- Preparing of basic income and expenditure accounts for sole traders
- Preparing of rental accounts
- Checking and agreeing PAYE coding notices
- Checking and agreeing taxation statements of accounts
- Liaising with HMRC by telephone or correspondence as required
- General day to day handling of clients tax affairs
- Experience of using Microsoft Word and Excel
- A good understanding of basic VAT principles and an awareness of information sources
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong interest in progressing your career in VAT and as a consultant
A knowledge of Trusts/Estates and IHT tax work would be advantageous and currently working towards ATT qualifications or have a similar level of experience.
In house training of our systems and procedures will be given.
This is a semi senior role, therefore experience and a reasonable tax knowledge is required.
Salary/hourly rate can vary depending on experience. This will be discussed with the candidate during or after interview.
Office Workforce are responsible for thousands of temporary, temp-to-perm and permanent vacancies across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Our team offer a unique service tailored to match your precise needs, and can assist you with the following job categories; Clerical and Administration, Call Centre, Customer Services, Sales and Business Development, Secretarial and PA, Professional and Management. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help. off24