£25,000 - £30,000 per annum
My client who offers a wealth of experience in haulage, storage and distribution are currently recruiting for a Transhipment Warehouse Supervisor to join their warehouse operations. You will be directly responsible to the Site Manager and ultimately report to the Directorate at all times. You will have the designated authority to allocate work to Warehouse Team leaders / Warehouse Operatives and you will work in partnership with the other Transhipment Warehouse Supervisor on the opposite shift.
This role will require you to liaise and consult with management, customers, suppliers, contractors, health & safety advisor, third parties and other personnel as is necessary to maintain good communication both internally and externally.
You must have expereince in Pallet track and Pallet line
• Lead and supervise the operations of the warehouse ensuring correct systems of storage, loading, unloading and labelling are adhered to.
• Liaise with Drivers regarding the loading of vehicles and work as a team to ensure maximum efficiency is achieved within the warehouse operation and in the delivery of freight.
• Resolve complaints taking instruction from the Directorate as appropriate.
• Any defect to forklift vehicles or equipment reported to you is your responsibility to ensure is repaired and/or made unavailable until rectified.
• Ensure operatives are fully conversant with Health & Safety regulations.
• Ensure that arrival and departure times of you and your staff are recorded accurately.
• Monitor Warehouse Team leaders, Operatives and Fork Lift Truck Drivers to ensure they carry out their work to a high standard.
• Ensure the induction of all Warehouse Team Leaders, Operatives and training requirements.
• Attend and make contribution to meetings about improving the warehouse operations.
• Ensure the Warehouse and appropriate surrounding area is kept clean and tidy, safe and inviting to others.
• Experience of working in a similar role - (managing the storage of goods) loading and unloading from vehicles, use of forklift trucks (Essential)
• Possess experience of working in a busy warehouse environment (Essential)
• Experience in leading and supervising the operations of the warehouse ensuring correct systems of storage, loading, unloading and labelling are adhered to (Essential)
• Ability to locate stock safely and securely within a warehouse environment and labelling / identifying freight accurately (Essential)
• Conversant in processing paperwork relating to inbound and outbound freight (Essential)
• Accurately manage driver internal labelling and pallet network labelling (Essential)
• Manage stocktakes/ provide stock counts to the traffic office as and when required (Essential)
Workforce manufacturing are responsible for placing several hundred dedicated operatives out to work every day across the West Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Order picking, Warehouse, Stores, Despatch, Packing, Assembly, Machine operating and FLT Driving. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.