Goods In/Out Executive
The position is responsible for overseeing a wide variety of warehouse activities including shipping and receiving materials and / or finished goods and maintaining inventory and associated records.
1.Load and unload delivery and despatch vehicles in line with H&S procedures
2. Physical movement of all incoming materials and routing to appropriate sections / racking using pallets trucks, overhead crane and or electric forklift trucks
3.To check goods in against delivery notes for accuracy and damage
4.Book goods inward on MIEtrak - Issue material to work orders and print job cards
5.Notify the relevant Department(s) via the Delivery Note of any short deliveries or potential short despatches
6.To raise a rejection on MIEtrak for any damaged goods received and place in the Quarantine section
7.Maintain yard and Factory / Sectional tidiness
8.Overseeing cycle counts and reconciliation activities such as Stock Takes etc.
9.Ensure all inventory transactions are accurately logged within MIEtrak.
10.Arrange all subcontract operations – inform purchasing and arrange transport
11.Pack goods ready for despatch ensuring accuracy of shipments - assemble pallet boxes and despatch packaging etc
12.Monitor stock levels on pallets, boxes, lids
13.Book goods outward – Create despatch notes, Inform customers
14.Maintain, update and scan in Work Orders
15.Arrange transport to customers if required
16.Continuously improve warehouse operations through the use of lean enterprise practices.
- Recommending measures to improve quality of service, increasing efficiency of department and work crew and equipment performance.
18.Manage the goods in tracker and contact relevant suppliers if orders are going to be late
19.Supporting Departments when needed I.e. Purchasing, Production
Full time position – 39 hours per week.
Monday to Thursday 6.45am to 4.45pm (30-minute un-paid break)
20 days annual holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
Salary: circa £25k per annum
- Counterbalance truck licence essential
- Overhead Crane licence an advantage
- Attention to detail
- Able to read engineering drawings
- Ability to work to procedures
- Good communicator
- PC literate with good administration skills
- Experience in manual handling and Goods In/Out
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Flexible and trustworthy
- Driving Licence advantageous but not essential
- Knowledge of general business computer software and aptitude to learn new software applications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to make calculations such as discounts, freight estimates, dimensional weight, invoices, and percentages.
- Ability to meet physical requirements including: a variety of standing, sitting and walking throughout the day; repeated twisting at the torso while lifting and pulling inventory from shelves; regular lifting of up to 20 pounds and occasional lifting of 30-40 pounds.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Experience with lean methodologies.
Logistics & Supply Chain Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated professionals out to work across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Food Production, Food Processing, Warehouse, distribution and Planning. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.