CNC Sliding Head - Setter & Operator
To set and operate CNC machines for Production and help other operators when required.
- To set and operate Star CNC sliding head lathes with live tooling for production with allocated times
- To operate machines making adjustments to the machine settings as required
- To Ensure that the quality expectations, as per drawing and planning are achieved
- Ensure that allocated operation times are achieved
- Fill daily activity sheets
- To be aware and observe personal health and safety and that of other members of staff
- Co-operate with the managers
Education & Experience:
- Must be conversant with FANUC controls to make routine adjustments
- Must be competent in reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Must be conversant with the use of inspection instruments, to measure diameter, surface texture, roundness, concentricity etc.
- Knowledge of good machine shop practices
- Evidence of communicational knowledge of the English language, sufficient to comprehend health and safety instructions / training
- Tolerance of some contact with metal cutting fluids, used in the process (absence of known acute sensitivity, to these fluids)
- Full time permanent position
- Five days, 39 hours per week
- Overtime available
- 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8am to 3.30pm Friday
Salary negotiable depending on experience
28 days Holiday including 8 statutory days
WorkForce manufacturing are responsible for placing several hundred dedicated operatives out to work every day across the West Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Order picking, Warehouse, Stores, Despatch, Packing, Assembly, Machine operating and FLT Driving. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.