Job Title: Transport Planner
Shift: 4 on 4 off
Salary: £24,000 - £26,000
You will be joining a growing team as a Transport Planner, you will hold a critical role within the business as you will be responsible for physically planning routes to ensure that plans are delivered in the most time and cost-efficient manner.
The right person for this role will be an experienced Transport Planner with demonstrable experience in a similar role. You will have excellent knowledge of transport compliance and understand the critical issues which could be experienced from a planner and driver perspective. Strong IT skills are also required.
As a Transport Planner you will be responsible for:
- Planning the routes for same and next day deliveries
- Briefing and debriefing drivers
- Monitoring driver performance, reviewing to find most efficient route.
- Ensure customer KPI’s are met and maintained.
- Deal with customer queries and communication.
- Co-ordinating documentation
- Monitor WTD
- International and Manual route planning experience is desirable
- Previous experience within a fast-paced transport planning position
- Ambitious and wants to learn and develop
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong geographical knowledge of the UK and Europe