Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd are the sole UK distributor of Komatsu Construction Machines and are one of the UK’s largest distributors of heavy equipment. We are proud of our continuous growth and are looking for passionate and knowledgeable people to join in our success.
We aim to be our customers first choice, because of the world class innovative products we supply nationwide, which is backed up with excellent aftercare and customer support.
We market and supply innovative products to the UK Construction Industry with a strong focus on improving job site productivity whilst delivering fuel efficient solutions. The key innovations that support this is are the range of excavators and dozers with factory fitted integrated machine control solutions. We also distribute a range of Hybrid excavators.
We are looking for passionate and highly motivated people to join and be part of the highly successful team.
We are looking for a Credit Controller to who is looking to gain experience working in a fast paced, hard-working team environment.
Reporting to the Credit Control Manager this role is ideal for a strong communicator with great relationship building qualities.
What is the purpose of the role?
Working closely with the sales and accounting team, you will be expected to keep all key stakeholders fully informed throughout the collection process, ensuring all documentation is completed to the highest standard and in line with company rules. The successful candidate can expect a robust on-boarding/induction schedule as well as continuous on the job training. There is also the opportunity to study for a finance qualification, with the Company’s support.
Your daily duties will include:
- Contacting credit customers and finance companies via the most appropriate medium (phone/ e-mail /letter) to ensure the prompt receipt of monies due
- Daily maintenance of the receipt forecast file – updating for new invoices raised and receipts banked
- Preparation and assessment of Customer credit applications by reviewing financial accounts and other business indicators
- Maintenance of the daily banking record of machine payments
- Pursuing payment of non-standard invoices by phone /e-mail /letter as appropriate
- Allocation of all cheques/cash/TT’s etc to the sales ledger
What skills and behaviours are we looking for?
- Excellent IT skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong communication skills
- Meticulous consideration to detail
- Ambitious and career driven
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Up to 27 days holiday linked to service, plus Christmas shut down
- Flexible working
- On the job training