Purchase Ledger Assistant
Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd are the sole UK distributor of Komatsu Construction Machines and are one of the UK’s largest distributors of heavy equipment. We are proud of our continuous growth and are looking for passionate and knowledgeable people to join in our success.
We aim to be our customers first choice, because of the world class innovative products we supply nationwide, which is backed up with excellent aftercare and customer support.
We market and supply innovative products to the UK Construction Industry with a strong focus on improving job site productivity whilst delivering fuel efficient solutions. The key innovations that support this is are the range of excavators and dozers with factory fitted integrated machine control solutions. We also distribute a range of Hybrid excavators.
We are looking for passionate and highly motivated people to join and be part of the highly successful team.
Purchase Ledger Assistant
We are looking for a Purchase Ledger Assistant to support the efficient running of the purchase ledger function to ensure all transactions are accurately processed in a timely manner in compliance with relevant rules and regulation.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this role is ideal for someone who is part AAT qualified (or wanting to complete this qualification) and looking for the next step in their career.
What is the purpose of the role?
- Process all forms of purchase invoices in an accurate and timely manner ensuring all entries are in accordance with UK legislation and company rules
- Process all expenses claims in accordance with UK legislation and company rules, liaising with payroll for agreement of monthly payments
- Assisting with the processing of weekly, monthly and ad hoc payment runs by Bacs and Bankline to ensure that all payments are made within agreed deadlines and in accordance with company rules
- Maintaining supplier details on the ERP system to ensure accurate data and checks are compliant with company rules
- Assisting with the reconciliation of main bank accounts
- Co-ordinate activities with other team members giving support to the purchase ledger function.
- Provide support for other members of the accounts department.
- Undertake other ad-hoc duties as required to ensure the efficient running of the department.
What skills and behaviours are we looking for?
- Ability to handle a large volume of transactions
- Ability to work alone and within a team to ensure all deadlines are met
- Be proactive, organised and self-motivated
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Up to 27 days holiday linked to service, plus Christmas shut down
- Flexible working
- On the job training
- Professional training to support development
- Mentoring programme with senior managers