Workshop Engineer Redditch
Marubeni-Komatsu Ltd are the sole UK distributor of Komatsu Construction Machines and are one of the UK’s largest distributors of heavy equipment. We are proud of our continuous growth and are looking for passionate and knowledgeable people to join in our success.
We aim to be our customers first choice, because of the world class innovative products we supply nationwide, which is backed up with excellent aftercare and customer support.
We market and supply innovative products to the UK Construction Industry with a strong focus on improving job site productivity whilst delivering fuel efficient solutions. The key innovations that support this is are the range of excavators and dozers with factory fitted integrated machine control solutions. We also distribute a range of Hybrid excavators.
We are looking for passionate and highly motivated people to join and be part of the highly successful team.
We are looking for a Workshop Engineer to join our Redditch workshop.
Reporting to the Workshop Operations Manager, this role requires maintaining, servicing and repairing plant machinery whilst maintaining safe working practices.
What is the purpose of the role?
- Maintain, service and repair Komatsu Equipment (or miscellaneous equipment) as required
- Complete pre-delivery inspections and modifications
- Disassemble and overhaul machines and major comments, repairing hydraulic and electric systems
- Carry out post repair test / inspection on the unit to ensure the unit is operating to expected performance levels.
- Carry out diagnosis, disassembly and rebuild of machine major components
- diagnose the root cause of the reported fault
- clear identification of any required parts
- accurate and timely repair
- completion of the specified documentation
- As and when required, attending our customers sites ensuring that our customers receive the best level of service.
- Complete all works to plan as agreed with your service supervisor.
- Complete all job specific documentation relating to standard service and warranty repairs to allow for swift internal processing.
- Ensure you label and return all unused parts, standard service and warranty used parts for processing.
What skills and behaviours are we looking for?
- Experience of working with Heavy Plant and machinery
- Knowledge of Auto-Electrics
- Experience with welding and Oxy-acetylene equipment
- Good attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- NVQ Level 2 (or above) in Plant Maintenance or equivalent
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Up to 27 days holiday linked to service, plus Christmas shut down