Full time, permanent, temporarily remote working
£19,000 - £25,000 a year depending on experience
We are recruiting a Tax Assistant for a well-known Bromsgrove based accounting practice. Due to continued client acquisition, the business is adding another head to its' tax department. They are looking for an enthusiastic, hard working person to join their busy team.
Key deliverables will include:
- Completion and processing of personal self assessment tax returns
- Completion and processing of partnership self assessment tax returns
- Completing and processing of forms P11d
- Preparation of basic income and expenditure accounts for sole traders
- Preparation of rental accounts
- Checking and agreeing PAYE coding notices
- Checking and agreeing taxation statements of account
- Liaising with HMRC by telephone or correspondence as required
- General day to day handling of clients tax affairs
A knowledge of Trusts/Estates and IHT tax work would be advantageous and currently working towards ATT qualifications or have a similar level of experience.
In house training of our systems and procedures will be given.
This is a semi senior role, therefore experience and a reasonable tax knowledge is required.
Training towards professional qualifications can be supported as part of the overall salary package (in addition to the salary listed) to be discussed with the successful applicant.
Benefits and requirements:
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- GCSE or equivalent (required)
- Tax experience: 1 year minimum (required)
Work remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
Office Workforce are responsible for thousands of temporary, temp-to-perm and permanent vacancies across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Our team offer a unique service tailored to match your precise needs, and can assist you with the following job categories; Clerical and Administration, Call Centre, Customer Services, Sales and Business Development, Secretarial and PA, Professional and Management. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.