Salary: £33,000 to £37,000 per annum + Benefits
Working hours: Monday - Thursday 08:00-17:00 Friday 08:00-16.00
Reporting to the Managing Director
We are a private limited company operating in distribution for fresh produce with a fleet of 50 HGV Units (Scania and Daf) and 50 refrigerated trailers. Our workshop has a team of 4 experienced technicians and full-time office administrator. We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Workshop Services Manager to join the team based at premises 5 miles from Evesham.
The main responsibility of the Workshop Manager is to proactively manage the workshop operations being accountable for staffing, budgets reporting to the Managing Director.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
• Workshop Management - Manage and plan the daily operations of the workshop, working with and acting on deviations. Leading and motivating the workshop staff. Forward planning to utilise technicians hours, completion of paperwork and scheduling work is essential.
• Directors Communication - Workshop Services Manager to meet with directors to explain complex technical details regarding the jobs to be carried out or to be done in the workshop
• Handle interaction with DVSA
• Vehicle Compliance - Work closely with the Transport Manager to ensure all vehicle compliance is met and adhered to especially vehicle defects.
• Health and Safety - Work closely with in house health and safety co-ordinator taking ownership and responsibility for the workshop including training of technicians
• Local authorities - Act as point of contact toward different local stakeholders including safety officials and local fire service regarding ADR
• Financial - be able to set and work to budgets, complete weekly stock checks of parts and records against individual vehicles
This job description provides an indication of the role and responsibilities but should not be construed as an exhaustive list of duties that the post holder may be asked to undertake.
• Communication - Listening and communicating openly, honestly and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus
• Accountability - Holding yourself and others to high standards of accountability and creating an infrastructure and transparent corporate culture that supports and measures personal and organizational responsibility and accountability.
• Inspiring others - Energizing and inspiring others to strive for excellence and commit to common goals and purposes, creating a sense of self-efficacy, resilience, and persistence in followers
• Managing people - Managing others to ensure their work contributes to organizational goals. Developing individuals, building teams, resolving conflicts and applying workplace policies.
• Managing resources - Planning, allocating and mobilizing resources (human, physical, information and financial resources) to achieve company goals
• Products and services - Maintains an up to date understanding of products and services necessary to perform duties and tasks.
• Problem solving - Identifying problems and the solutions to them
• Result orientated - Demonstrates the effort, willingness and ambition to achieving results. Meets objectives and responds proactively to avoid disappointing results
• SHE - Demonstrates understanding for importance of safety and health policies, procedures and regulations. Creates and safeguards a healthy, safe and sustainable work environment for all employees.
Experience / skills regarded as ideal but not essential
• Secondary School education
• Technical experience with Daf / Scania vehicles
• Experience from dealership position or similar
• Supervisory / Management experience
• Relevant work experience in automotive industry
• Heavy vehicle licence
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, life insurance and health cash plan
WorkForce manufacturing are responsible for placing several hundred dedicated operatives out to work every day across the West Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Order picking, Warehouse, Stores, Despatch, Packing, Assembly, Machine operating and FLT Driving. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.