vertical farming Analyst
Vertical Farming Analyst
£25,000 - £37500 D.O.E
An exciting position has become available for a full time Vertical Farming Analyst to join a friendly team based in Redditch.
The role holder will join a growing team to assist with the day-to-day activities within the in-house testing and development vertical farming system. You will see the work that you do in developing plant recipes and internal processes progress through to practical use in future commercial scale farms and you will be involved right from the beginning, understanding customer specifications, investigating new ways of improving productivity, developing processes, and maximising crop quality.
- Educated to degree level in relevant subject, or equivalent 5+ years' experience in a similar role.
- Understanding of crop husbandry and hydroponic growing methodologies with relevant work experience
- HACCP or food safety team experience
- Comfortable in making in house decisions and communicating these effectively to colleagues whilst working alongside and reporting to management
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver on multiple complex tasks to a high standard
- Computer literate and able to work with Google Workspace, Microsoft suite and data analysis software
- Experience of managing testing programs.
- Broad knowledge of different leading food manufacturing operations and relevant legislation standards
- Hands-on practical approach to problem solving with any relevant technical mechanical / electrical skills
- Any additional qualifications that demonstrate impeccable hygiene, health and safety knowledge and practical horticultural skills are advantageous
- Passionate about sustainability and have a genuine desire to work on projects that will have a positive impact
- Responsible for scheduling, monitoring and documenting testing for multiple different crops both in house and externally pro-actively seeking to enhance the performance through ongoing continuous improvement.
- Assist with setting and maintaining the optimum parameters for the growing process, planning, testing programs, and implementing technical developments from initial viability assessment work through to final handover to a commercial operating team.
- Initiate and implement changes to the Vertical Farming food safety systems to ensure that all testing is performed in compliance with company, regulatory, customer standards and specifications. Develop and drive market leading food safety and health and safety standards across the organisation.
- Devise a thorough testing schedule to allow the company to identify key variables affecting growth and focusing in on areas for improvement
- Drive the testing, development and reporting of different crop varieties and recipes across all trials
- The testing scope will need to cover both practical and academic elements, needing to be hands on with all the processes and ensuring all testing is setup correctly, reflecting the parameters outlined in the plan and ensuring the data we collect is accurate and relevant
- Working closely with the technical R&D team to stay at the forefront of vertical farming technology taking advantage of future technical developments as they happen
- Ensure that the environment, equipment, and machinery operate correctly and adhere to strict Health and Food Safety Standards
- Writing standard operating procedures and work instructions
- Calculating schedules, solutions, settings and regularly auditing all growing parameters
- During busy periods, you may be asked to assist in other areas of the business.
- Any other reasonably expected duties.
Company + Benefits
The successful candidate will receive the following benefits:
- Pension contributions
- Mobile phone contribution
- Full training and development opportunities
Logistics & Supply Chain Workforce are responsible for placing thousands of dedicated professionals out to work across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Job categories include; Food Production, Food Processing, Warehouse, distribution and Planning. We are always on the lookout for the very best talent, so if you know anyone, refer them to our professional and friendly team who will be more than happy to help.