Purchasing Assistant - JOB DESCRIPTION
We have an exciting opportunity for a Purchasing Assistant to join our well established clients Purchasing Team.
Reporting to, and assisting, the Head of Purchasing, you will be responsible for a dedicated category and collaborate in delivering 'best in class' purchasing performance.
Working in partnership with suppliers, internal stakeholders and collaboratively with both the replenishment and Technical teams to drive excellence within the business and, in turn, to our customers.
This is an ideal opportunity for somebody to forge an exciting career in food manufacturing and procurement.
- Job Title
- Reporting Structure
The Purchasing Assistant reports directly to the Head of Purchasing. In the absence of the Head of Purchasing, the Purchasing Assistant reports to the Purchasing Director. The personnel leader is the Head of Purchasing.
- Role Scope
The role of the Purchasing Assistant is to provide a comprehensive and professional support service to the Head of Purchasing / Purchasing Director.
Undertaking administrative tasks as outlined by the Head of Purchasing, in a diligent, professional and timely manner.
Cover for the Purchasing Assistant is provided within the Purchasing Team.
- Key Accountabilities
* Manage the efficient and accurate flow of correspondence and information, both incoming and outgoing, with external and internal parties ensuring an ongoing understanding of current issues, proposing/taking action where appropriate.
* Full responsibility for a defined buying category, e.g. Herbs & Spices.
* General administrative tasks, data entry, tender coordination, filing and travel booking.
* Ensure contracts are developed and maintained.
* Review Supplier Performance, delivery schedules and KPI's.
* Have full knowledge of all products and suppliers.
* Source and review new raw materials in partnership with NPD team requirements.
* Work closely with Technical and Replenishment teams.
* Manage due diligence for raw materials and new launches collaborating with internal stakeholders.
* Actively manage the area of responsibility by using initiative and suggesting ways of improving systems for greater efficiency.
* Ensure all manual and computerised procedures and files are accurate and up to date at all times.
* Take full share of responsibility of collective tasks.
* Produce and maintain reports for the wider business.
* Ensure that a polite and professional manner is maintained in all internal/external communications.
* Contribute positively and constructively to the Purchasing Team.
* Carry out any other reasonable tasks requested by Head of Purchasing.
- Qualifications and skills:
* Educated to A Level with GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
* Methodical in approach with keen attention to detail
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Enthusiasm to learn and develop
* Confident working both independently and as part of a cross-functional team
* Organised with the ability to plan and prioritise different tasks.
* Strong administrative skills, proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
* Knowledge of supply chain, food supply chain, supplier management, portfolio management