CNC Miller Programmer
CNC Setter/Programmer Milling
£30,000 - £40,000
Days Mon - Fri
Reporting to: Works Manager
Using own engineering skills and under instruction from Team leader to assist in the efficient running of cell in order to meet agreed delivery and quality targets Using and developing modern CAD/CAM Systems and best practice machining strategies to deliver world class production processes.
• Extensive knowledge of Heindenhain Programming on 3, 4 and 5 Axis machines including setting and operating in a precision environment.
• Has extensive knowledge of Modern CAD/CAM software ideally Edgecam and "Best Practice" Manufacturing methodologies
• Creating and proving out new production CNC programs
• Use of SMED techniques to reduce time waste during setups.
• To run proven programs, adjust work co-ordinates and correct any errors.
• "Can Do" attitude to the role and a real team member.
• Can deal with constraints or secures support/assistance from their peers or the Manufacturing team to help when needed.
• To help ensure that the cell output is made to the agreed schedules.
• Achievement of KPI targets for, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Versatility
• Ensures all improvements are geared towards the business strategy of lead-time reduction using QRM principles.
• Promote high level of housekeeping throughout manufacturing environment and supports the 5S standard.
• Ensures processes tools and techniques that are used are constantly developed to ensure the best technology is always used and challenged
• Work closely with our Design Engineers in order to optimize designs for machining (DFM)
• Conformance to Health and Safety requirements and to always encourage best practice.
• Minimum 3 years' operating 3, 4 and 5 Axis Machining Centre's
• The ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
• Participates and supports continuous improvement teams and other working groups.
• To be able to pre-set tooling and fixtures from tool layout. Take tool length offsets and recognize when tooling requires replacing due to wear or breakage.
• To be able to communicate information in a coherent fashion at all levels.
• Component Quality
• Production efficiency / output
• OTDIF and Leadtime Reduction (QRM)
• Reduction in Changeover Times
Role Related Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Personal Attributes
• Ideally degree qualified with a minimum of 5 years Manufacturing/production Engineering experience, gained within a low to medium volume high quality CNC machining environment.
• Must have extensive knowledge of Milling processes.
• High Level of programming experience on Heindenhain Controls
• Able to work with IT systems and possess a good level of PC literacy.
• Experience of working with CAD & CAM packages ideally Edgecam
• Team player
• Leadership skills
• Self-Motivated and Driven attitude
• Good understanding of products and processes
• Good communication skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Analytical approach to problem solving, and the ability to work as part of a team or autonomously.
• Good communication skills are also essential