General Manager- Metal Recycling
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced General Manager to join our clients Metal Recycling company based in Swindon.
Roles and responsibilities
* Operational and Commercial performance
* Supporting and leading a team of dedicated Operations and Administration staff
* Manage visitors, customers, drivers and contractors when on site.
* Ensure the depot is working in line with Health & Safety regulations and Industry legislation
* With the support of an Area General Manager, develop a good understanding of metal grades, making sure landed costs of material fall within authorised price boundaries.
* Work closely with Commercial and Finance teams when assessing budgets, pricing and P&L activities.
The Person Spec:
Previous experience of Leadership in a relevant industry such as Waste, Aggregates, Depot Operations, Processing or Construction etc. would be ideal
* Leadership skills
* Ability to Inspire and Motivate
* Resourceful and Entrepreneurial qualities to drive depot performance
* Exceptional communication skills as well as the ability to negotiate with customers/suppliers
* A detailed Development Plan will be agreed in order that you gain a good understanding of the various operations/processes relating to ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
* Any previous knowledge of mobile and static plant capabilities, as well as their maintenance requirements would be beneficial, but not essential.
Salary: Depending on experience
Hours: Monday- Friday 7-5