HGV Driver Trainer
HGV Driver Trainer - Avonmouth, Bristol
Monday to Friday 0700 - 1700. (with some flexibility in line with training needs)
£15.05 per hour + weekly £20 uplift
Great opportunity to utilize you’re driving skill and knowledge.
We are looking for C+E driver trainer based onsite in Avonmouth, with the ability to work in Severnside when required.
The candidate must be flexible and able to cover a range of shifts and days.
You will be working for one of the UK largest transport groups
You may be required to work as a Class 1 driver during busy periods, such as Christmas and the summer holidays, so a Class 1 licence is required to apply for this role.
Knowledge & Experience Required.
- Hold a full and current cat C+E driving Licence for at least 3 years.
- Be a good communicator with the ability to engage colleagues.
- Have a full understanding of Drivers Hours and Tachograph Legislation.
- Have a full understanding of Road Transport Working Time Directive (RTWTD) Legislation.
- Be prepared to deliver Driver CPC training.
- Have a good understanding of the English Language.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Remain polite and professional at all times, whilst maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Have good timekeeping and attendance records.
- Versatile and flexible on hours to suit the business needs and efficiencies.
- Be prepared to undertake training to increase own skill levels.
- Be an advocate for the business, promoting best practice processes.
Duties will include (non-exhaustive list)
- Carry out driving assessments for new and existing drivers.
- Delivery of driver CPC Training.
- Provide support for on-route learning & delivery point familiarisation.
- Monitor Tachograph Infringement trends, providing support and manual entry training as required.
- Coaching on Safe Driving, Accident & Fuel Focus Development.
- Mentor Warehouse to Wheels and other training scheme candidates.
- Be prepared to carry out general driving duties / delivering produce if required.
Full Training, Support & Career Development will be provided to any successful candidates