STORES Member / must have a VNA and Counter balance License
Salary : £23,000 annual
Shift: Mon- Friday : 08:30-16:00
The stores member is responsible for ensuring that goods received into or sent out from the business are in good condition and correspond with the correct paperwork to ensure accurate stock/records are held and customer deliveries are dispatched on a right first-time basis.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES + DUTIES
(Broad statements describing major job responsibilities)
If responsible for KPI’s, Budgets/ Revenue please indicate in this area
· Receive goods into the company using the appropriate software (QAD). Ensuring all paperwork is correct and goods received are in good order, assisting admin staff to ensure that accurate stocks are held on site.
· Ensure that customer orders are dispatched accurately using the appropriate software (QAD). Load these orders onto the relevant vehicles in a safe and responsible manner in order to ensure that deliveries are made to the customer on a right first-time basis.
· Ensure a FIFO stock rotation system is operated, keep the stores in a clean and safe working condition and store goods in the right location in order to maximise sales and minimize waste.
· Support team by carrying out physical PI stock checks when necessary and maintain a high standard of housekeeping within the warehouse.
· Operate forklift trucks for loading and unloading goods and storing in racking following operator safety checks and correct operation to ensure all goods are stored correctly and safely. Undertake any training required that relates to the driving of FLT’s.
· Maintain the warehouse and site to a safe and clean standard to ensure ease of availability of stock, keep the site clean and tidy to ensure safe working practices and to allow the site to function efficiently and comply with safety legislation.
· Assist the production department on an as needed basis as directed by the site management team.
· Assist in the day to day running of the transport administration process to ensure that goods are dispatched to the carrier/customer on a right first-time basis.
· General day to day yard maintenance duties as directed by line manager.
· Ensure that the yard and stores area are kept safe, tidy and secure at all times.
· Always adhere to health and safety policies and procedures.
· Finished good packing in preparation for dispatch to customer.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION (S) / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
· FLT License (both VNA and counterbalance) essential to role.
· Must hold previous warehouse working experience in a high paced environment.
· Must show a positive ‘can do attitude’.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES
· Excellent communication skills to converse with all levels of the business.
· Be able to prioritize, organize and manage tasks individually and as part of the wider team.
· Must be very well presented and act professionally.
· Comfortable working outside in all elements of weather at times.
· Good observational skills with a good eye for details.
· Have a great understanding of customer service.
· Must have a valid required FLT License.
· Previous experience as a store/yard man preferred.
· Ability to adapt to any task set by line manager.
SUPERVISORY & MANAGEMENT INFORMATION
If this position requires supervision / management of employees, please tick the items below that best describe these duties.
Note: This job description is a general overview and may be subject to modification based on the specific requirements of the employer or industry.
We invest in our people and provide excellent rewards and perks. Experience in recruitment is not necessarily a must-have. The right attitude is what matters most. Find out more…
We work closely with all our customers, the police and other organisations to ensure we identify and protect people who may be being exploited and/or trafficked. Find out more…
Staffing & Recruitment solutions across the UK.
Every year we recruit and provide thousands of first-rate, productive workers to over 700 businesses – from SMEs to PLCs – covering a wide variety of positions from manual handling to C-Suite level.
Find out more
Industrial & Warehouse
For all your Warehouse & Factory roles including: Warehouse Operatives, Pickers & Packers, Assembly Operatives, General Labour, FLT drivers etc…
Driving & Logistics
For all your Driving roles including: Class 1, Class 2, 7.5 tonne, van drivers, delivery drivers etc…
Manufacturing & Engineering
For all your Manufacturing roles including: Welders, Press Brake Operators, Paint Sprayers, Mechanical Assemblers, CNC Operators etc…
For Food Manufacturing roles including: Production Operatives, Food Packers, Filling Operatives, Machine Operators, Quality Supervisors etc…
For Professional roles inc: Accounts & Finance, Call Centre, Customer Service, Legal, HR, Manufacturing, Engineers, Quality, Sales, Supply Chain etc…
Fill and flex your workforce almost instantly with daily demand…
Combine Flexible Temp Staffing with a dedicated WF account team onsite…
Recruit perm staff at a flat-fee per-hire, with staged payments for reduced risk…
Hiring power to make your recruiting easier, quicker and cost (much!) less…
Search, Retained and Contingent recruitment for first-class hires at all levels…
Can-do workforce solutions. For whatever happens.
Our mission is to deliver real, demonstrable cost savings to employers while ensuring you always have the quantity and quality of staff you need at any one time – from a single individual to hundreds of people.
Find out more
See what other employers say about working with Workforce…
You can expect the highest level of results AND customer service…
Avoid staff downtime by letting us help new starts hit the ground running…
Our online training courses that boost your workforce productivity…
Total workforce management. Zero aggravation.
Fill and flex your shifts in seconds using our unique “Staffing Platform” recruitment tech and “Shftr” our integrated mobile app for workers. Managing every aspect of your workforce has never been so easy.
Find out more
It'll be ready in a jiffy...