Job Title: Supplier Advisor
- Reward Package
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Free Parking
- Service Awards
- Bonus Scheme
At Fraikin our Vision is simple and clear: We will Enable the mobility of goods and people through our services of fleet management to deliver a better day.
This means our focus is:
- Faster and agile fleet management
- Operational excellence
- Capture long term profitable customers
- United Group for stronger market leadership
- Secure our great people and our assets
We value the talents and ideas of everyone on our team, especially our new hires. We can’t wait to see what you’ll make happen.
Our services provide a full range of solutions to enable Total Fleet Mobility including Contract Hire of bespoke commercial vehicles, Short term rental and Fleet Management. It is an exciting time to be in our sector as we navigate through the journey of alternative fuels and digital transformation. We have customers from across the spectrum including small fleet customers up to multivehicle fleets of 100 plus. We are proud of our people and the history of our Company, we are always looking for people who want to work with us to achieve success together. Come and join us!
We are currently recruiting for a Supplier Advisor to join our team based at our Head Office in Coventry. Reporting to the Supplier Team Leader you will be required to communicate with both Customer and Supplier to ensure that vehicle downtime for all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance is managed on a best cost/quality basis. To ensure that such incidents are expedited in the fastest manner possible and the vehicle is returned to service without undue delay, in line with legal requirements and agreed KPI’s.
Job Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Delivery of cost and service effective maintenance solutions to satisfy customer needs within Fraikin maintenance budgets and agreed customer service KPIs.
- Ensure cost effective maintenance solutions are met on every occasion by checking history and warranty.
- Challenge work where appropriate to ensure that all maintenance is carried out to cost and quality standards.
- To check contracts for vehicles and their specific collection/ delivery and substitute allocation costs and entitlements.
- To challenge all costs in line with Supplier Repairing Dealer agreements (RDAs).
- To ensure that when authorising repairs, the history on the vehicle is checked thoroughly for any parts warranty / warranty / rework, recharge or policy entitlement that can be claimed.
- Identify and resolve any issues with suppliers whilst maintaining and building an effective relationships and always in-line with Guidelines set out within the RDA.
- Liaise with the appropriate Network Performance Engineer where satisfactory resolutions cannot be met.
- Control of maintenance trends such as warranty, policy and component failure.
- To obtain any necessary credits from supplier / manufacture failures that have been identified·
- To be able to demonstrate that vehicle downtime is managed in a proactive manner in line with agreed Key Performance Indicators.
- When rechargeable work is carried out, ensure the relevant costs are accrued and coded as such and the Customer is informed making a note of the full name and full purchase order number whenever possible.
Person Specification (Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience)
- Good standard of Education with a minimum of GCSE Maths and English or equivalent.
- The job holder will have previous experience (or similar) with the maintenance of contract hire / rental / Fleet Management vehicles with third party suppliers.
- Knowledge of and a background from the commercial vehicle transport industry would be advantageous.
- An understanding of vehicle engineering and road transport law.
- I.T literate.
- Will work best on their own initiative and take pride in ensuring that work is seen through to completion.
- To be flexible in attitude in providing solutions to problems.
- Able to interact confidently and build credibility with suppliers and other team members.
- Negotiating and communication skills at all levels.
Knowledge of the motor trade in service, admin or parts would be an advantage with an understanding of maintenance standards for vehicles, repair times and parts costs would be an advantage.