Workshop Co-ordinator / Charge hand
Workshop Coordinator / Charge hand - Amesbury Depot
We are currently recruiting for a Workshop Coordinator to work at our Amesbury Depot, over seeing technicians and working closely with the workshop Manager.
£18.80 per hour, Saturday £23.50 and Sunday £28.20
Monday to Friday (flexibility over the weekend)
Essential skills required:
- Effective verbal and written skills, coupled with strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Planning and time management.
- Apprentice trained commercial fitter.
- City Guilds part 1/2.
- Strong PC literacy.
- Understanding of vehicle maintenance.
- Refrigeration experience.
What will your main objectives be?
You will be looking after a workshop full of Technicians, ranging in experience levels (including apprentices). Working alongside the Workshop Manager and administration team, you will be expected to liaise between the front-of-house and the workshop, assigning job cards and maintaining a steady workflow to maximize workshop utilisation. There will be the requirement to proactively look at ways to improve the performance of the workshop team.
- Complete repairs on vehicles as required
- Ensure best repair option utilising internal and external resource.
- Ensure first time fix utilising internal and external resources to reduce vehicle VOR times.
- Provide technical engineering support to manager.
- Liaise with nominated 3rd party suppliers to ensure best cost options.
- Ensure all service and inspection documentation is correctly completed.
- Manage the Fleet maintenance system and issue approvals with in authority limits.
- Manage workload and job assignment.
- Quality control; manage quality of job sheets.
- Provide and maintain inventory records for workshop equipment.
- Ensure health and safety regulations are adhered to.
- Assist in the procurement of parts and manage impress stock levels.
- Work within and implement a policy of “preventative maintenance”
If you feel you match the above requirements and the vacancy is of interest to you, please apply.