Routine Maintenance Engineer
Who are MKL and why you should work with us
At MKL we are proud to be one of the largest construction equipment distributors in the UK. We supply some of the world’s most exciting and ground-breaking products including Intelligent Machine Control (iMC) and Hybrid Excavators reducing our customers fuel usage.
We value our local community – with wanting to improve lives and minimising environmental impact being at the top of our lists.
We are continuously building a culture where enthusiastic and motivated people (just like you!) can construct a life-long career, within a reputable brand. Known for our quality and innovation, we are regularly searching for talented individuals to join our diverse, and friendly team.
Come and join us to make good products even better – we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
Background and details:
You will be field based in the Midlands, reporting to the Redditch Depot as part of our on-site presence, ensuring the maintenance and servicing of Komatsu plant machinery whilst always adhering to safe working practices. A key part of your role includes providing our customers with the best levels of service through regular communication with both the customer and the service office, in order to provide updates on progress throughout the set activity.
In addition, you will be an adept engineer with relevant qualifications, you will be good at working under pressure, have the ability to work independently and also use your own initiative. Based on this, it is essential you are approachable with a positive attitude, and be efficient when working towards tight deadlines.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Attending customers sites to perform pre planned preventative maintenance that includes but not limited to:
- Completing accurate and timely maintenance including Field Campaigns & KDPF replacement
- Completing the specified documentation (RAMS, Job sheets etc)
- Carry out a Walk Around Inspection post service on the unit to ensure the unit is operating to expected performance levels
- Identifying any parts required to carry out any additional work from Walk Around Inspection
- Keep the customer and your supervisor up to date on your estimated time of arrival following the receipt of the job instructions
- Ensuring you register your arrival on site and undertake any site inductions as per the customer’s specific site requirements.
- Complete a dynamic site-specific risk assessment and method statement prior to commencing any work in line with company and site procedures.
- Complete all works to plan as agreed with the customer and service office.
- Complete all job specific documentation relating to standard service and campaign repairs to allow for swift internal processing.
Experience and Qualifications:
- NVQ Lv2 in Plant and Machinery or equivalent.
- Experience of working with Heavy plant and machinery.
- Experience of working on customers sites
- H&S training carried out in PPE awareness, hand tools
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service
- Full driving licence
- Use of field-based maintenance tools and equipment.
- Technical knowledge of Komatsu products (desirable).
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Up to 27 days holiday linked to service, plus bank holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Career development/progression
- Death in service benefit
- Company van