Vehicle Supply Chain Executive
Job Title: Vehicle Supply Chain Executive
Hours: 37.5 hours per week: Monday to Friday
Salary: Up to £25,000 dependant on experience
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Pension Scheme
- PerkBox - access to their free wellbeing hub, hundreds of discounts on retail, travel and dining, points earning scheme and recognition program.
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training & Development Opportunities. Study reimbursement.
- Free Parking
- Service Awards
- Discretionary Company sick pay scheme
- Staff referral scheme
- Casual dress Fridays
- Free eye tests and discounts on eyewear for Visual Display purposes
Why Join Us? At Fraikin Ltd, we believe that our people are our greatest asset. When you join our team, you're not just signing up for a job – you're becoming part of a community that values collaboration, diversity, and continuous learning.
- Exciting opportunities for career advancement
- A collaborative and inclusive work culture
- Access to training and development programs
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages
At Fraikin we have a clear daily mission: We enable the mobility of goods and people through our services of fleet management to deliver a better day.
Our mission is important because it helps us to understand why we are here and why our daily work is so important. Our customers are more than the company names on the side of our vehicles, they are the drivers who drive them, the schedulers who schedule them, the loaders who load them, and the end customers who need the goods being transported or the people who need the vehicle to take them to their destination. Our job is to make sure that we keep the vehicles moving to get to their destinations safely, efficiently, and on time.
Fraikin brought its fleet expertise to the UK in 1978, and today we are one of the country’s largest providers of commercial vehicle contract hire, fleet management and rental. We offer customers a skills base and proven financial stability which we believe is second to none. This allows us to react to even the largest of new business opportunities in a sole supplier role, and with a customer renewal rate which is the envy of our competitors
To ensure the completed vehicle meets all criteria specified at order commencement and any subsequent changes made during the build process. To co-ordinate and monitor builds through to completion, ensuring that original delivery schedules are adhered to.
- Adhere to all statutory requirements regarding fire, health, safety and hygiene.
- Participate in cross / multi skilled training within your department or other departments as deemed appropriate by your Manager.
- Carry out any reasonable instruction as directed by a Manager [or Director]
- Deal with all internal and external customers in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Maintain a high level of dress and appearance at all times adhering to PPE where the role requires this
- Attend any training sessions as requested and adhere to all company regulations.
- From time to time you may be required to carry out duties outside the normal sphere of work as may be reasonably requested by Management.
Job Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Deal with incoming calls and queries from Suppliers, Sales and Contract Managers
- Allocate Suppliers in build chain (chassis, body etc) in line with quotations
- Request any documentation required i.e. Bank Details, Public Liability Insurance
- Process signed off orders in M3 and portal as required
- Place chassis order via Fraikin Supply for most Manufacturers or direct ensuring all documents required are sent at the time of order
- Starting with the chassis chase dates, ensure the supply chain on the build is managed to ensure a timely delivery on all components
- Update the Fraikin system at all times with estimated/actual dates i.e. M3/portal
- Progress chase builds and update Sales, Customer Managers on any key date changes
- Update the deposit spreadsheet to ensure the deposit is collected at the right time and update monthly to ensure billing are updated to raise the invoices
- Carry out any manual task relating to the vehicle build i.e. create vehicle files, complete forms as required and place in files
- Escalate any out of line situations to procurement manager/engineering as required
- Process any build amendments as they occur
- Arrange technical inspections once build is complete via REM’s with documentation to be completed and returned and monitor completion, advise delays
- Arrange for vehicles to have a pre-delivery inspections
- Chase any outstanding deposits and obtain valid insurance certificates
- Arrange vehicle delivery with sales/customer and arrange taxation of the vehicle
- Process/chase ALL paperwork to ensure the vehicle can be put live onto the system
- To undertake any other reasonable related duties as may be required from time to time for the effective performance of your duties or the Compliance department requirements
- To perform the job role successfully, the role holder must perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform in the role
Person Specification (Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience)
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Ability to pick up in-house computer systems easily
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Good communication skills
- A team player