Payroll Assistant (Fixed Term)
We are looking for a talented and detail-oriented Payroll Assistant to join our dynamic team for a 12-month fixed term, covering maternity leave 👀
You will report directly into the HR Manager, with a friendly team by your side. You will be responsible for the provision of accurate and timely Payroll service, providing an effective and efficient output of work to meet the demands of the role. Additionally, as the sole payroll processor, you will be required to liaise effectively with various departments and levels throughout the company, in order to reach deadlines.
Who are we?
MKL is a place where you can be yourself and give your best! We are proud to be one of the largest construction equipment distributors in the UK. We supply some of the world’s most exciting and ground-breaking products including Intelligent Machine Control (iMC) and Hybrid Excavators reducing our customers fuel usage.
We value our local community – with wanting to improve lives and minimising environmental impact being at the top of our lists.
We are continuously building a culture where enthusiastic and motivated people (just like you!) can construct a life-long career, within a reputable brand.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Monthly processing of payroll for 250+ employees.
- Maintain and update the HR and payroll database, handling entries for new hires, leavers, and employee changes.
- Monitor and renew SPA expiry dates, process weekly employee expenses.
- Oversee holiday balances and system management.
- Administer Statutory Sick Pay, Maternity Pay, and Paternity Pay schemes, process P46 & P11D forms, and manage pension schemes.
- Provide support, where possible, on taxation, National Insurance, and address payroll-related queries.
- Ensure documentation authorisation for pay amendments, reconcile monthly pay runs, and prepare ledger postings.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies and identify issues for process improvement.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience of working in similar role within payroll
- Knowledge of payroll-related aspects of employment law
- Microsoft Office experience (Outlook, Excel)
- Excellent attention to detail and process driven
- High degree of professionalism and discretion
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to develop and manipulate reports from the system
- Tenacious, organised and able to prioritise
- Qualification in payroll or equivalent – desirable
- Experience of Ceridian payroll system and SD Worx - desirable
What we can offer you:
- Salary £25,000- £29,000 DOE
- Pension scheme
- Up to 27 days holiday linked to service, plus Christmas shut down
- Flexible working
- On the job training
We look forward to hearing from you! 😄