Machine Customisation Engineer
Who are MKL and why you should work with us
At MKL we are proud to be one of the largest construction equipment distributors in the UK. We supply some of the world’s most exciting and ground-breaking products including Intelligent Machine Control (iMC) and Hybrid Excavators reducing our customers fuel usage.
We value our local community – with wanting to improve lives and minimising environmental impact being at the top of our lists.
We are continuously building a culture where enthusiastic and motivated people (just like you!) can construct a life-long career, within a reputable brand. Known for our quality and innovation, we are regularly searching for talented individuals to join our diverse, and friendly team.
Come and join us to make good products even better – we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
Background and details:
We are searching for a Machine Customisation Engineer, to be based in our Chester-Le-Street depot. A key part of your role is to ensure all customisation work is carried out on all machines as per the instructions on the customisation request form. In addition, this role involves preparing new machines for Customer delivery, ensuring that all the work is completed accurately and to the agreed deadline. Reporting to the Senior Service Supervisor, this role is ideal for someone who has an excellent attention to detail.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assemble machines delivered in kit form.
- Complete pre-delivery inspection.
- Carry out customisation of new machines to Customer’s specifications.
- Body work touch up to Manufacturer’s specifications.
- Troubleshoot and fault find any defects on machines resolving issues or escalating where required.
- Carry out repairs as and when found, replacing parts where necessary.
- Installation and Calibration of Guidance systems to various Komatsu models.
- Complete any pending F.C work.
- Set up attachment pressures.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Mechanical machinery experience (installations/electrics)
- Basic Safety training
- Understanding of plant machinery
- Working knowledge of lathes, angle grinders and pillar drills
- Excellent attention to detail and communication
- The ability to work well with others and remain calm when under pressure
- Strong team player, positive attitude and ability to work to deadlines
- Counterbalance Forklift truck licence - desirable
- SPA or CSCS training - desirable
- Flexible outlook to working hours when required - desirable
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Up to 27 days holiday linked to service, plus bank holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Career development/progression
- Death in service benefit