Undergraduate Placement (HR & Recruitment)
Are you looking for a placement year as part of a university sandwich course? 👀
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and focused Under-Graduate Student to join our successful team for a fixed term contract (up to 12 months).
You will report directly into the HR Manager, with a friendly team by your side. You’ll have the support to grow, learn and develop your skills, whilst having the unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the dynamic field of HR and Recruitment. You will also automatically become a member of our Social & Charity committee, to support in arranging social and charitable events for all employees - a great opportunity to network and have fun!
Throughout your time with us, we will ensure you will receive all the support you need to thrive and to get the most out of your experience.
Who are we?
MKL is a place where you can be yourself and give your best! We are proud to be one of the largest construction equipment distributors in the UK. We supply some of the world’s most exciting and ground-breaking products including Intelligent Machine Control (iMC) and Hybrid Excavators reducing our customers fuel usage.
We value our local community – with wanting to improve lives and minimising environmental impact being at the top of our lists.
We are continuously building a culture where enthusiastic and motivated people (just like you!) can construct a life-long career, within a reputable brand.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The person we are looking for will be flexible and agile, with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- You will be working towards a degree in a relevant subject (such as HR and Business).
- You will have an interest in the Employee Lifecyle, Employee engagement and how we can incentivise employees to be their best!
- You will have excellent levels of spoken and written English and experience in preparing reports.
- You will have strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication, and ability to build trusting and productive relationships.
- You will need to be well-organised, with an ability to establish and work to priorities.
- You will be Confident to challenge the status quo and bring fresh ideas for improvements.
What we can offer you:
- Salary £18-20k
- Pension scheme if applicable
- Up to 27 days holiday linked to service, plus Christmas shut down
- Flexible working
- On the job training
- Mentoring and training
- You will be invited to attend a first stage interview at our Redditch branch, hosted by our current graduate and a member of the HR team. During this interview, they will just want to get to know you, to understand what drives you as a person.
- If successful, you will then be invited to a second stage interview, where you will be asked to give a small presentation to the HR manager and another HR colleague on a selected topic.
We look forward to hearing from you! 😁