Account Manager - SW
Who are MDiG and why you should work with us
The Marubeni Digital Innovation Group (MDiG) are on a mission to support businesses on their digital journey by providing a complete range of construction site services together with the rental of digital equipment. We offer the latest in GNSS and Machine Control equipment technology from the leading manufacturers to meet our customer needs. We also provide a variety of solutions for our customers from Job Site Setup, 3D Data and terrain mapping to delivering bespoke training courses focussing on engineer and machine operators.
We are continuously building a culture where passionate and highly motivated people (just like you!) can construct a life-long career, within a successful brand.
Come and join us to take part in the development of a brand that aims to be the UK market leader of digital innovation within the construction industry – we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
Background and details:
You will be home-based, covering the Southwest area focusing on driving demand and creating new business opportunities for 3DMC Aftermarket GPS machine control systems and other technology products & services brought into the rental portfolio. A key part of your role is to develop customer account relationships and increase MDiG share of technology products and services rental and Retail Revenue. Additionally, achievement of monthly rental targets is essential.
This role is a great opportunity for an individual who is customer focused, has strong interpersonal skills and is an excellent problem solver.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maximise opportunity to increase rental revenue and business share.
- Monitor all rental activities to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective solution is provided.
- Identify rental sales opportunities and utilise CRM to document activity and outcomes.
- Provide timely input on market intelligence, competitive activity, and rental demand.
- Work in partnership with internal colleagues as needed to ensure first class customer service, revenue and profitability are delivered.
- Manage key accounts to ensure equipment and service meets the customers’ needs.
- Achievement of agreed KPI’s.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in a similar sector and previous experience in a customer service role
- Experience of plant hire and/or construction hire equipment in a sales role
- Strong customer service ethic and seeks to resolve issues
- Ability to communicate at all levels across the company
- Effective planning and organising
- Experience in technical sales – desirable
- Experience of working with a CRM system – desirable
- Technical knowledge of machine control market - desirable
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Up to 27 days holiday linked to service, plus bank holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- On the job training
- Death in service benefit
- Company car