Field Service Technician (Midlands)
Who are MKL and why you should work with us
At MKL we are proud to be one of the largest construction equipment distributors in the UK. We supply some of the world’s most exciting and ground-breaking products including Intelligent Machine Control (iMC) and Hybrid Excavators reducing our customers fuel usage.
We value our local community – with wanting to improve lives and minimising environmental impact being at the top of our lists.
We are continuously building a culture where enthusiastic and motivated people (just like you!) can construct a life-long career, within a reputable brand. Known for our quality and innovation, we are regularly searching for talented individuals to join our diverse, and friendly team.
Come and join us to make good products even better – we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
Background and details:
You will be field based (Midlands) reporting to the Redditch Office as part of our on-site presence, providing technical support and training to our service engineers and workshop engineers thereby improving competency and efficiency. Additionally, you will be responsible for supporting the Service Team and all back office technical functions on a day-to-day basis, including technical team / engineers / Komatsu & customers.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Offer technical support to other engineers in the field, either over the phone or during live breakdown situations.
- Attend training courses as and when required to enhance own learning.
- Produce and deliver up to date product knowledge and technical training courses to field service engineers through effective training.
- Attend customer sites to carry our scheduled servicing and repairs within manufacturer’s recommendations of heavy plant machinery.
- Attend customer sites to carry out field campaigns within manufacturers recommendations.
- Ensure work is carried out to a high standard whilst following health and safety regulations.
- Ensure that service reports, time sheets and other paperwork is correct and submitted on time.
- Bridge technical functions between MKL and Komatsu.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience of repairing construction equipment.
- NVQ Lv3 in Plant and Machinery or equivalent.
- CSCS Card and full driving licence.
- Strong at troubleshooting with a methodical approach.
- High level of technical ability
- Ability to mentor and train engineers.
- Self-motivated and able to work to very high standards.
- Good literacy and IT competency.
- Experience of teaching small groups – desirable
- Navigation and understanding of Komatsu systems – desirable
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Up to 27 days holiday linked to service, plus bank holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Career development/progression
- Death in service benefit
- Company van