Field Service Engineer (NW)
Who are MKL and why you should work with us
At MKL we are proud to be one of the largest construction equipment distributors in the UK. We supply some of the world’s most exciting and ground-breaking products including Intelligent Machine Control (iMC) and Hybrid Excavators reducing our customers fuel usage.
We value our local community – with wanting to improve lives and minimising environmental impact being at the top of our lists.
We are continuously building a culture where enthusiastic and motivated people (just like you!) can construct a life-long career, within a reputable brand. Known for our quality and innovation, we are regularly searching for talented individuals to join our diverse, and friendly team.
Come and join us to make good products even better – we’d love to hear from you!
About the role
Background and details:
You will be field based (Northwest) reporting to the Redditch Depot as part of our on-site presence, ensuring that all of our products are maintained in line with the service schedule, and ensuring that any breakdowns are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
Therefore, you will be proficient in fault finding and diagnostics, you will be at the top of your game and will understand the importance of ensuring all products are working to the top of their ability.
As well as being an adept engineer with relevant qualifications, you will be good at maintaining a clean and organised work environment and be efficient at the associated paperwork. In addition, you will be a good communicator with clients, the team on-site and the back office.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Attend machine breakdowns at customer sites and effect repairs to ensure minimum machine down time.
- Carry out scheduled servicing of machines at customer sites.
- Troubleshoot and fault find any defects on machines and carry out repairs as necessary.
- To ensure that work is carried out to the highest standard and on time.
- Ensure that service reports, time sheets etc are completed correctly and submitted on time.
- To carry out any other general duties within the capability of the post holder, that may be requested from time to time by management.
Experience and Qualifications:
- NVQ Lv3 in Plant and Machinery or equivalent.
- CSCS Card and full driving licence.
- Experience of working with Heavy plant machinery and on customer sites.
- H&S training carried out in PPE awareness, hand tools.
- Use of field-based diagnosis tools and equipment.
- Able to work under pressure and on own initiative without supervision.
- Self-motivated and able to work to very high standards.
- Good literacy and IT competency.
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Up to 27 days holiday linked to service, plus bank holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Career development/progression
- Death in service benefit
- Company van